Southern City Guides — Charleston
Discover the stories and soul of the South's most inspiring cities!
From the grandeur of historic architecture to the modern era of hospitality led by restaurateurs, artists and makers — Charleston has soul, magic and lasting appeal.
Inside find 145 pages of local stories, travel intel and modern lore, including:
- The City's Queen of Fried Chicken, Martha Lou Gadsden
- Fifty Years of Beach Music Tunes
- A List of the Holy City’s Dreamy and Semi-Hidden Alleyways
- Southern Hospitality, from Warm Biscuits to Thank You Notes
- A List of the City’s Most Legendary Shipwrecks
- Compelling Tributes to the Mother Emanuel Victims
- Walking Maps of Architectural and Secret Garden Landmarks
- The Perfect Order at the City’s Seven Essential Restaurants
- Chef Sean Brock’s Favorite Lowcountry Driving Route
- Civil Rights Pioneers—from Judge Waring to Septima Clark