10 for 10 Wildsam x Bitter Southerner Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL U.S. RESIDENTS AGE 18 OR OLDER. SOME RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the online Sweepstakes page by submitting their email and consenting to email marketing from Wildsam Field Guides and The Bitter Southerner and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 (fifty) United States, including The District of Columbia. Employees of The Bitter Southerner and Wildsam Field Guides (the “Sponsors”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsors, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about November 7, 2022 and ending on November 14, 2022. All online entries must be received by 11/14/22 at 11:59 PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided by The Bitter Southerner or Wildsam. By entering the contest, entrants consent to email marketing from both Sponsors. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
- Prizes: The winners will receive 10 (ten) Wildsam Field Guides (New Orleans, Gulf Coast, Oxford, Memphis, Savannah, Atlanta, Kentucky, Smoky Mountains, Austin, and Charleston) and 10 pieces of merchandise from The Bitter Southerner General Store (Read Banned Books and Mayo & Tomato T-shirts; tomato, okra, and black-eyed peas tea towels; Issues No. 3 and 4 of The Bitter Southerner magazine; Beliefs print;Waffle House Visas;andPeach). Total retail value of $456. Items subject to change based on availability. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsors. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at the Sponsors’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponosrs to use the winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds:The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification:The winner of The 10 for 10 Wildsam x Bitter Southerner Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsors on November 15, 2022. The winner will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Sponsors shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- Terms:The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such a case, The Sponsors may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Sponsors have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from the Sponsors. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The Bitter Southerner and/or Wildsam and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 13.Winners List:To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Bitter Southerner 1367 W. Broad St., Athens, GA 30606 US. Requests must be received no later than December 1, 2022.
- Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are The Bitter Southerner and Wildsam Field Guides.